1.3 Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
Castlerock may collect different information about you at different times. These are the broad categories of information that we collect from you:
2.1 Information we require to provide our services.
When you first sign up or contact Castlerock for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we collect information such as your name, address, telephone number, domain name, email address of your primary and secondary contacts, credit card details (if you are paying online). We may also collect other identifying details such as your age and gender. In order to verify your identity, we will ask you to provide questions and answers to security questions.
2.2 Non-personally identifying information
Castlerock operates statistically gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software, which records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
- This may include the server address, top level domain name (.com, .gov etc), date and time of visit, pages accessed, documents downloaded, referring site, and the type of browser.
- We will not record any identifying details (such as name and IP) of the individual user, or their other browsing activities. The only exception to this rule is if we are directed to do so under a law enforcement agency, which allows them to inspect our web server’s logs.
2.3 Other demographic information
We may use your information to measure your experiences of our products/services/website, improve or develop our products/services/website, and perform research/analysis. Also, if you respond voluntarily to any of our surveys or other interactive communications, we will collect those responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of Castlerock’s products and services.
3.1 Students at Castlerock Institute Of Music will be involved in college activities where they may be photographed. Photographs of students may be used in a variety of media to celebrate a student’s success in a particular area or for educational purposes or to promote activities at the school. Photographs of students are also used in newspapers, brochures, web sites, web video (Youtube, Facebook) DVDs, special displays and other promotional material.
3.2 We will always ask for parental permission to publish a child’s photograph/s. No child’s photograph will knowingly be published without parent permission. Accordingly we ask that you complete a Photo permission form when you enrol yourself or your child in to a Certificate Course or Private Music Lessons.
4.1 We collect and use your personal information to best operate and improve the delivery of our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with: sales and technical support, billing and credit control, and other functions relevant to your business with us.
4.2 When you contract with Castlerock for our services, or make enquires of our services, you will be requested to provide your consent to us to send promotional material to you. You may stop the delivery or “opt-out” of future promotional email from Castlerock by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
4.3 We may use your personal information to:
- identify the source of new customers to Castlerock;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of credit cards and bank account information, to bill you for services;
- maintain an account history of your dealings with us, and to re-establish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within a reasonable time after having terminated your business with us.
4.4 We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. Castlerock does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to WME including of spam filter operators) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
4.5 We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only:
- if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Castlerock;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Castlerock’s services, its web site, our staff or the public.
5.1 Castlerock is part of the Castlerock Music Group. Any information which you supply to Castlerock will be shared within the internal company group to facilitate our provision of products and services to you. Each member of the Castlerock Music Group of companies is committed to protecting your personal information.
5.2 We may supply your personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- market research and the distribution of marketing information to you (except where you have chosen to opt out of receiving this information from us);
- assisting us with the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information;
5.3 Our relationships with such third party service providers are governed by our contracts with them. In some cases, these third party service providers who we disclose your personal information to may reside outside of Australia. Those service contracts contain privacy and confidentiality provisions which are consistent with the Australian Privacy Law obligations.
6.1 You might provide personal information through your participation in chat sessions, public Facebook and Instagram comments, email exchanges or newsgroups accessed via our web sites, or another service provided by us. This information is public and immediately available to anyone who has access to such a site; it is not private. We urge you to enter only information that you are comfortable to share with the public at large in this public domain.
7.1 From time to time you may need to update your personal information. We keep this information in a secure environment which is not accessible by the public. In order to amend any of your personal information, you will need to contact Castlerock via phone or email to amend this information.
8.1 If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact us on email@example.com. We will deal promptly with your complaint.